Aleppo Soap with 40% Laurel Berry Oil
The ultimate gentle soap for healing different skin issues.
Aleppo soap (also known as savon d'Alep, laurel soap, Syrian soap, or ghar soap) is possibly at the origin of the first hard soaps in the world and is associated with the city of Aleppo, Syria.
Each bar is handmade from freshly pressed Olives and Laurel Berries. It contains no palm oil, preservatives, colouring, synthetic fragrances or animal fat derivatives.
This Aleppo Soap has 40% concentration of laurel berry oil, and is made in France with olive oil obtained from first pressing. It is highly beneficial for those with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, rosacea or psoriasis.
Our Aleppo soaps are hand-crafted by a Syrian soap master who has acquired her skills of soap-making from the generations of family before her. Each bar contains essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins. Its high laurel oil content is the very ingredient that sets this soap apart from other soaps.
Each bar can last for 3 months with daily use on face and body.
- Moisturizing, with a luxurious creamy texture when wet
- pH balanced and gentle for use on all skin types. After each use, your skin will feel refreshed and well cleansed.
- Antibacterial and purifying. Great for cleansing of acne-prone skin
- Soothes redness and itchy/sensitive skin conditions
- Anti-itch scalp treatment. Its high oil content ensures that the scalp is well nourished and cleansed of impurities.
- Rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants. Olive oil is very rich in vitamin E and polyphenole, which is an anti-oxidant that delays the effects of ageing while laurel bay oil has antiseptic properties.
- Brightens and tones overall complexion
Light and soft scent of the laurel bay plant
For a better lather, soak the soap bar in water for 1 minute and it will start to release sticky strands of soap. Rub directly onto the skin to enjoy the effects of its natural oil composition. Be careful to avoid getting the soap into your eyes as it can sting!
Organic Olive Oil (Olea europaea)*, Laurel Berry Oil (Laurus nobilis Oil), Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide
*Certified organic by EcoCert
Fun fact 1: During the aging of the soap, the soap goes through several chemical changes. The alkaline which did not react with the olive oil and laurel berry oil during saponification breaks down upon slow reaction with air. The moisture content of the soap is also reduced, making the soap hard and long lasting. The color of the outside of the soap turns a pale gold, while the inside remains green.
Fun fact 2: If you're wondering why most of the Aleppo soaps you see are a pale gold colour whereas this is not, this is because the olive oil used to make them are from the second and third pressing of the olives whereas this soap uses the oil from the first pressing of the olives.